How to draw Sir Manfried #1

Sunday, August 3, 2014

How to draw Sir Manfried #1

This is my first time drawing a digital character and I want to share my experiences, tips and hints.


A few days ago I saw a great artwork of Hearthstone and I just wanted to draw like this! I know nothing about drawing characters digitally but I want to get to know.
Therefore I started to scribble my new character Sir Manfried in Adobe Photoshop. After that I added more details and created the final outlines.




Tips & Hints:

  • Start with a really rough concept and get more detailed by adding multiple layers and drawing above your scribbles. Picture 1
  • Mirror your drawing. This will help to see unbeautiful areas which you didn't notice before. Picture 2
  • Draw your final lines quickly. Don't try to trace your scribbles slowly and exactly because you'll get blurred lines *dance* - just erase the overcoming line-endings. Picture 3
  • There is a great tool called "rotate view tool" in Photoshop which you can activate with "R". With this you can rotate your drawing instead of your tablet or body or head or whatever you tried before :D Picture 4




Before I forget...:
I used my Wacom Bamboo Pen and there are no special brushes except for the standard brush with pressure sensitivity.
Next time I'll add the basic colours and shadows to Sir Manfried. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment