How to create Pixel Artworks - Sheldon Cooper

Sunday, November 30, 2014

How to create Pixel Artworks - Sheldon Cooper

Today I'll show you how I create pixel artworks with Adobe Illustrator. 



1. Find your own patterns or think about what you want to create exactly. 
Because this is my first pixel artwork I decided to get some patterns. And because I love the Big Bang Theory, my patterns were Sheldon Cooper and his apartment.

2. Make sure your grid is visible (view>show grid) and snap to grid is activated (view>snap to grid) and think about how many details you would like to have. I wanted to have a 1080p image, so I made my pixels 9px wide and 9px high.


3. Now begin with your first object! Go on pixel by pixel and take care about some shadows to get some depth in your artwork. Your artwork will look boring if it is too flat.


4. Now it is just a case of time how your image will look at the end. If you want more details you are not able to just copy and paste your pixels.


5. Make sure that you group your objects. If you don't group them, it will be annoying to select one of them :)
I have about 30 groups - but it could have been more to get a better workflow.

This is how I created my Sheldon Cooper artwork.


No comments:

Post a Comment